Friday, March 19, 2010

Summers in MKE

Yesterday was the first game of the season for mke kickball. Normally held on Wednesdays it was just to amazing outside to not be playing some kickball. Megabolt and I were the first to arrive with Evan, Antonyo, and others following soon after. We didn't have enough people to play a "proper" game, but when some members of a "real" kickball team arrived we thought why not challenge them. Wow. Way to much fun and way to close of a call, but we ended up winning 16-13 thanks to some last minute scores. Kayla and Gabby voted me MVP, but I give more credit to Steven for hitting two homers (they told me they like my sassiness ha). A great game and a whole lot of fun. We followed up by heading over to Comet and tricking on Irving while waiting for the table. After a stomach full of deep fried vegan riblets, we (myself, Antonyo, Gabby, Kayla, Josh D., Katie B.) headed out to dirty stallis and bowled the rest of the night. Antonyo wanted to throw some money on the game and I gladly obliged. Needless to say, I took his root beer allowance.

Last night got me thinking about all the amazing times I've had in MKE when the weather starts turning from winter to summer. How EVERYONE is so excited just to be outside and how riding around on our bikes means the world to us. Just to have our skin touching fresh air and watching the sun set. Milwaukee truly is the greatest city in the world during the summer and whatever ends up happening in the future with where I end up, I won't be forgetting nights like last night spent with great friends and in one great city.

That's me on Steven's back riding into the sunset of a huge victory ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment